Monday 26 March 2012

My First Ever Post - An Introduction






I'm a slow starter to the world of blogging! The reason I started blogging was to share my passions and to vent my frustration of living in this tiny island I call home - Singapore.

A simple introduction to my life - Long and short of it - I am from Singapore but have spent more than a decade living in the UK to pursue my postgraduate studies. Then I became an Expat wife travelling with my husband which resulted in us moving back East. First in Hong Kong, then finally back to where I started - Singapore.

It's been two years since I've been back. So far, it's been both bitter and sweet. I left in the beginning for a reason - the stifling heat, the crowded city and no place to get away from it all. And yet, I'm back here, back to square one. There are good bits and there are bad bits. The good part is the convenience and efficiency resulting from living in a country like Singapore. The bad part is the heat - you can't walk anywhere without turning into perspiring mess, and also my fellow Singaporeans are a bunch of interesting people to live amongst. There are times they can really get on my nerve and yet I've made a good bunch of friends, both old and new which has made life in Singapore much much more bearable.

Anyway, back on point. This blog is dedicated to my passions as people always say to write about what you are passionate about, so here I am. What are my passions in life - they are split between my love for my 2 lovely Golden Retrievers and my love to travel. Sad part is I love travelling, so that I can get out of stuffy Singapore but it also means I am away from my two darling furries!!! I travel quite a bit, thanks to the nice low taxes in Singapore, our disposable income is much higher than it used to be in the UK, which means good news for us as we have more to spend on more travels. 

Anyway here are some pictures of my two lovely Goldies. My husband and I bought them as puppies when we were living in the UK. Quinton, the older is 6 going on 7 years old. He is from a breeder in Bedfordshire while Reegan is 4 going on 5 years old is from Norfolk. They are both lovely in nature yet different as night and day. They are well-travelled as they came with us from UK to Hong Kong then to Singapore. I am well impressed with how well they coped with the travel and the weather. No longer are the days where we could take the both of them on holidays around UK or Europe, now they have to be contented with life in Singapore, the highlight of their day is a trip to the dog park :(. No point dwelling on the bad, we just have to make the most of every opportunity that come our way.

I shall end my first entry with this meaningful quote:

"Happiness is not a matter of good fortune or worldly possessions. It's a mental attitude. It comes from appreciating what we have, instead of being miserable about what we don't have. It's so simple and yet so hard for the human mind to comprehend."


No comments:

Post a Comment